Privacy and the protection of personal data is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data we collect from you, why we collect it, who we share it with, how we use it and how we protect it. We encourage you to read the whole statement.
Personal data we collect directly from you
When we collect personal data directly from you through forms on the teqplay.com domain, (‘the Website’) on social media platforms, on landing pages and over the phone we use the data you provide for the following purposes.
To fulfil our contract with you or your employer to provide you with services you have requested, and in particular:
- To issue credentials, including passwords to allow you to access and operate your account.
- To contact you about your subscription and to provide support services to you.
- To carry out credit checks, to invoice you or your employer for any services you subscribe to and to collect payments due.
For our own legitimate interests in:
- Maintaining our own records and databases
- Monitoring use of our products and services to ensure usage is in accordance with our terms and conditions of use.
- Providing our customers with information about other Teqplay products and content.
- Informing prospective customers about our products and services.
Other sources of personal data
We also collect personal data from other sources which include:
- Service providers that help determine your location based on your IP address in order to customise certain products to your location.
- Publicly available sources such as company websites.
- Information generated by your usage of our products and services.
The data we collect in this way includes the following:
- Name and contact data, including first and last name, email address, work postal address and similar contact data.
- Demographic, including country, city and preferred language.
We use this personal data for the following purpose:
- For our own legitimate interests in monitoring usage of our services and improving the service provided to our customers.
- Informing prospective customers about our products and services and marketing communications.
- Sending journalists press releases of interest.
Who has access to your personal data
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Teqplay transfers personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- Companies who we appoint under contract to host our services to enable them to provide our customers with access to our services.
- Companies or individuals who we appoint to provide services to Teqplay.
- Actual or potential business partners who need access to personal data to evaluate or carry out a business relationship or to conclude a transaction with Teqplay.
Transfers to other countries
Some of our suppliers who process personal data on our behalf are located outside the European Economic Area.
- Stripe who processes payments on our behalf in the United States.
Security and Safeguards
The safeguards we have put in place to ensure that our contractors and other third parties keep your personal data secure and confidential and use it only as authorised by Teqplay are as follows:
- We require all third parties to whom we disclose personal data to enter into a contract with us that includes confidentiality obligations.
- We carry out such due diligence as is reasonably necessary in relation to the technical and organisation measures used by our suppliers to ensure that personal data is processed securely.
- We use data processors located outside the European Economic Area only after taking such steps as are required to ensure that personal data they process on our behalf receives protection equivalent to that provided in the EEA. Our processors are either certified as compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework where they are located in the USA or have entered into an agreement with us containing the model clauses approved by the European Commission as providing contractual protection equivalent to that provided by the data protection regulations applicable in the EEA.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit www.privacyshield.gov .
Retention period for personal data
We retain personal data in our live systems for the following periods:
- Personal data relating to users of our services – for the period of the relevant subscription or other contractual relationship and for 3 years after that.
- Marketing data – for the period that the individual remains opted in with a specific email address. If a person opts out of receiving marketing communications from us we will keep their first name, last name and email address only on an opt out list.
After that time, unless there is a need to retain that data for purposes connected with protecting our interests or those of third parties we will erase from our live systems all data other than that needed to comply with our statutory obligations. Personal Data may be archived up to 3 year as part of our backup retention policy. These backups are stored offline and kept in a secure safe. After 3 years these will automatically be removed and all data destroyed.
Identity of the data controller and your rights
The person who is the data controller and responsible for deciding how personal data is processed and for what purpose is Teqplay B.V., a company registered in the Netherlands with its registered office at van Nelleweg 1 3044 BC. The individual responsible for data protection at Teqplay is Léon Gommans (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data
- You may at any time to withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications from us by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of one of our marketing emails.
- You have the right to update and correct the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data or object to continued processing where it is excessive or no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You may also have the right to data portability.
- If you have a complaint about this privacy statement or the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner (www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en).
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement will be updated from time to time to reflect changes in our business.
If you have any questions about anything in this Privacy Statement, or about the collection of personal information through the Website, please contact us at the below email, mail or telephone number.
Van Nelleweg 1
3044 BC Rotterdam
Privacy Statement (Last updated: 15th September 2022)